Monday, January 6, 2014

2013 In Pictures


A look back at 2013 in no particular order.
Reflection Time
A Run Along the Mountain to Sea Trail in NC
Running Through a Frozen Cloud in the Smokies
Walking tour of Denver Arts District
Welcome to My Morning - LBL Kentucky
Seen on Pearl Street in Boulder
Distant Forest Fire in Rocky Mountain National Park
Ouray Brewery
Even a panoramic cannot reveal all of the breathtaking beauty of
the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP
It's Pikes Peak - Really! 
Garden of the Gods on the way to Pikes Peak
(the morning after the previous picture)
Sunrise Run Along Chicago's Lakefront
Favorite Tree in Chicago
Breakfast at The Corner Bakery, Chicago
 Aspenglow in Rocky Mountain NP
RMNP Reminding Me of Joyce Kilmer
RMNP (Know which lake this is?)
A Slippery Slope in RMNP

Elegance in the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum
RMNP
If the hand fits, drink until merry!
Looking for space . . . to find out who I am
All Smiles After Turkey Track Half
Tiny People at Mesa Verde NP
Brutal and Rewarding Run - River and Back
Bellied Up at Elevation Beer Company
Garden of the Gods - I will Climb That
A Run With Friends at LBL
Team Spokesmen at the USI Hall of Fame Induction
Incredible Light Show on Canada's Parliament Building
First 5K Trail Run Since 1981
Home Away From Home
Only Like Seeing the Rockies in the Rearview . . .
. . . When I Still See Them Ahead
Some Sights Cannot be Unseen
Pikes Peak Summit House View
Rubber Detached From Road 
Dislocated and Broken Thumb
Catching Up With a College Teammate
These boys watched the Colts get humiliated by the Rams
before celebrating 21st and 28th bdays at the Ram Brewery
Back Home Again
Boulder at Night from Mt. Sanitas Summit
Another Fire Near Wolf Creek Pass in CO
This Smoky Valley Reminded Me of the Smokies of NC
See What I Mean?
RMNP Because I Can't See it Too Much
Some Mighty Fine Beer!
I kept climbing places just to fly back down
Mural at my favorite brewery of all
Tommyknocker - Idaho Springs, CO
On the spine of Quandary Peak again (14,265 ft)
Cruising down from Leadville to Buena Vista, CO
Another well earned nap
Silverton to Durango by Rail
Cycling North of Durango 
Every volunteer guide was
good - she was great!
Crested Butte, CO My Vision of Heaven
This happened a few times . . .
but only once with Burkey in Iowa
Medalists in Ottawa 
Seems contradictory, huh?
The Other Broken Hand . . . 
Ottawa Parliament Hill Overlook
Two TTs on a Sultry Afternoon
We meet again in Arizona - what a great guy
It's a desert museum, silly . . .
Chocolate and a stout for the belly . . .
Family and friends for the soul on my 28th bday
Goodbye 2013 - ST


2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL pictures...WOW...I "google searched" LBL marathon review as I am getting stoked and prepping myself for my first trail marathon and your blog (luckily) came up....just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed seeing the pics and reading your excellent blog....then I rooted around and saw a picture of my running group (BOR) on your blog....how cool is that! :-) Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! I share the photos to inspire others to seek adventure and healthy living. I hope we meet up this weekend. Best wishes on the trail!

    ReplyDelete